GOAT BOURGUIGNON – awesomeness in a pot
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1 lb goat loin, chopped into 1″ pieces (or substitute with lamb)
2 onions, roughly chopped
2 parsnips, diced
1 swede, diced
2 ribs celery, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp fresh rosemary, minced
1 slice of orange peel
2 bay leaves
pinch red pepper flakes
2 Tbsp tomato paste
3-4 splashes Worcestershire Sauce
950ml homemade chicken broth
Chopped parsley, for garnish
1. Heat coconut oil in a large dutch oven over medium high heat. Season the goat with 1 tsp and pepper.
2. Add goat to the pot and sear, stirring frequently, until meat is thoroughly browned, about 10-15 minutes. Remove goat meat with a slotted spoon and set aside.
3. Reduce the heat to medium. Add a little more coconut oil to the pot if you think it needs it. Add the parsnips, swede, celery, carrots, onions 1 tsp pepper and 1 tsp salt.
4. Cook, stirring frequently until the onions are soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
5. Add the remaining ingredients (except parsley) and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer. After an hour, remove the orange peel.
6. Continue to cook for 2-3 more hours, stirring every half hour or so, until the liquid is reduced and thickened. Remove bay leaves, garnish with parsley and serve!