Methods of Payment
All prices are indicated in British pounds and all memberships must be paid for by standing order.
1. Your information is safe with us. Rest assured, we collect and process your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and all other applicable data protection legislation, as amended from time to time.
2. When you use our site or contact us by post, telephone, fax, email or SMS, we collect, store and use certain personal information that you disclose to us. This includes details such as your name, address, telephone, fax, email and mobile phone number. We may also collect details of your computer’s internet protocol address and other details about your computer, which is automatically collected by our web server.
3. Other than as set out in the rest of this paragraph we will not share your personal information with third parties for marketing or any other purposes without your consent, unless we are required to do so by law. We operate an automatic opt-in policy which means that when you request information from us on one of our clubs or make an enquiry, we add you to our database and:
4. If, at any time, you would like us to stop contacting you, simply email us at: email@example.com
a.may contact you with relevant promotions, offers or information that we feel may be of interest to you, from time to time; and
b.may pass your details to third parties offering services linked to your information request or enquiry who may contact you with relevant promotions, offers or information.
3. Did you know that countries outside the European Union may have a lower standard of protection for personal information? If we send your data to a company outside the EU, we’ll do our best to ensure that they process your personal information in accordance with principles consistent with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, as amended from time to time.
4. We have technical and organisational security measures in place to prevent the loss of or unauthorised access to your personal information. While we do our best to ensure the security of your data, we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted over the Internet.
5. We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Visitors to our Web site are required to accept the following terms and conditions in return for the information given about us, our business and the services we provide through our Web site.
Conditions Of Use
1. We use our reasonable efforts to include accurate and up to date information on our web pages. Information is for guidance only and is not intended to form any part of a contract and can be subject to change without notice. We shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or cumulative losses or damages arising out of the use or inability to use these pages, any errors, misrepresentations or omissions on the material contained on them.
2. The information on these web pages has been prepared with reasonable care and is believed by us to be legal, honest, decent and truthful as of the date of its preparation.
3. You agree that the material downloaded or otherwise accessed through the use of our web pages is obtained entirely at your own risk and that you will be entirely responsible for any resulting damage to software or computer systems and/or any resulting loss of data even if we have been advised of the possibility of any such damage.
4. We do not accept any liability in connection with any third party web sites which may be linked or accessible through our own Web site and we do not endorse or approve the contents of any such site.
5. In relation to a dispute arising out of this Web site you the user and we, CrossFit Leicester Ltd agree to submit exclusively to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
6. Except where expressly stated to the contrary the text and graphics in the information contained in this Web site is the copyright of CrossFit Leicester Ltd. You may download or print out individual selections of these web pages only if explicitly used for your own personal information and not to be publicly reproduced. Permanent copying or storage of whole or part of this Web site or the information contained in it or reproduction or incorporation of any part of it in any other work or publication whether on paper or electronic media or any other form is expressly prohibited.
7. The entire contents of these web pages remains our property and is copyright with all rights reserved.
Data Protection Act 1998
Membership Contract Terms and Conditions
RELEASE OF LIABILITY
Client’s acknowledgement and assumption of risk and full release from liability of CrossFit Leicester Ltd: client acknowledges that the CrossFit WOD’s / CFL personal training /CFL nutritional service programs purchased hereunder includes participation in strenuous physical activities, including, but not limited to, running, weight training, stationary bicycling, gymnastic movements, various aerobic conditioning machinery and various nutritional programs offered by CrossFit Leicester Ltd (the “physical activities”). Client acknowledges these physical activities involve the inherent risk of physical injuries or other damages, including, but not limited to, heart attacks, muscle strains, pulls or tears, broken bones, shin splints, heat exhaustion, knee/lower back/foot injuries and any other illness, soreness, or injury, however caused, occurring during or after client’s participation in the physical activities. Client further acknowledges that such risks include, but are not limited to, injuries caused by the negligence of an instructor or other person, defective or improperly used equipment, over-exertion of a client, slip and fall by client, or an unknown health problem of client.
Client agrees to assume all risk and responsibility arising from participation in the physical activities. Client affirms that client is in good physical condition and does not suffer from any disability that would prevent or limit participation in the physical activities. Client acknowledges participation will be physically and mentally challenging, and client agrees that it is the responsibility of client to seek competent medical advice regarding any concerns or questions concerning the ability of client to take part in CrossFit Leicester Ltd physical activities. By signing this agreement, client affirms that he or she is capable of participating in the physical activities. Client agrees to assume all risk and responsibilities for exceeding his or her physical limits.
Client, on behalf of client, his or her heirs, assigns and next of kin, waives any claims against and releases CrossFit Leicester Ltd (as well as any of its owners, employees, or other authorized agents, including independent contractors) from any and all liability, claims and / or causes of action that client may have for injuries or other damages of any kind, including but not limited to punitive damages, arising out of participation in CrossFit Leicester Ltd activities, including, but not limited to the CrossFit WOD’s / CFL personal training /CFL nutritional programs and the physical activities.
CrossFit & the fitness class programme membership agreement services: The service being requested is for coaching designed to progress you toward elite fitness. The agreement is for coaching services over a specific period of time during which the student is eligible to partake in any and all activities in accordance with their membership package. This is not an agreement for a specific number of classes, seminars, or coaching lessons during the agreed upon period.
Client’s right to cancel: The client may not terminate or cancel the agreement except as follows: (1) if by reason of death or disability, client is unable to receive all CrossFit Leicester Ltd services for which client has contracted, client and client’s estate shall be relieved from the obligation of making payment for services other than those received or obligated prior to death or the onset of disability (subject to signed doctor’s note regarding the nature of the disability); and (2) in the event the client moves further than 25 miles from CrossFit Leicester Ltd, client may terminate this agreement by supplying proof of new residence. If client has prepaid any sum for services, so much of such sum as has been allocated to services client has not taken shall be refunded.
Client’s right to hold: The client may, for periods of two weeks or longer, “put on hold” the agreement. The request to place the agreement on hold must be submitted 4 weeks prior to the hold dates (no retroactive holds) and must include an end date (or return date) with the following exceptions: client is injured or sick, or client is pregnant and/or has had a baby. In both cases the return date will be mutually determined based on the recovery and recuperation of the client.
Client’s default: Client shall be deemed in default of this agreement upon the failure to comply with any of the terms and conditions of the agreement, including, but not limited to, the obligation to make any payment as and when due. Upon default, CrossFit Leicester Ltd shall have all rights and remedies available, including termination of this agreement and institution of an action for all applicable damages. If CrossFit Leicester Ltd delays or refrains from exercising any rights under this agreement, CrossFit Leicester Ltd does not waive, nor will CrossFit Leicester Ltd lose those rights. If CrossFit Leicester Ltd accepts late or partial payments from the buyer, CrossFit Leicester Ltd does not waive the right to receive full and timely payments and other charges due under this agreement.
Successors and assigns: Client agrees that all terms and conditions of this agreement shall be binding upon the heirs, personal representatives, lawful successors, and assigns of client, and anyone claiming by or through client.
Enforceability: The parties agree that if any provision or portion of this agreement is declared void and unenforceable, such provision or portion of a provision shall be deemed severed from this agreement, which shall otherwise remain in full force and effect. However, client specifically agrees all the terms and conditions are to be enforced and client specifically waives any statute or other right of any type, which would invalidate the enforceability of any provision or portion of a provision of this agreement.
Legal fees: In the event either party finds it necessary to commerce litigation or other court action to enforce the terms and conditions of this agreement, the prevailing party in such litigation or court action shall be entitled to receive their actual lawyer’s fees incurred, together with court costs, and other charges from the other party as a part of any ruling or judgment.
The following information has been produced to ensure that all members are assured of a comfortable and enjoyable experience on each and every one of their visits. Although the items in this list are detailed in their nature, it is anticipated that for the majority of members there will be little or no need ever to refer to them. They do however allow the management of the centre to provide a service that we believe is second to none.
Membership fees shall be fixed by CrossFit Leicester Ltd and may be altered at any time. Members will be notified (by notices posted on centre notice boards or in writing) of any changes in the fees prior to the date of the alteration.
a) On payment of membership fees, a member is entitled to use the centre facilities with frequency of use relating to the membership type.
b) The first membership subscription shall be due and payable on the signing of this agreement. Subsequent membership subscription shall be due and payable on the 1st of each month, or if the 1st day of the month is a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday, the next working day.
c) All membership applications must be on the forms prescribed by the centre and applicants may be subject to an interview at the discretion of the centre.
d) The centre reserves the right to reject an application for membership, or refuse admission, without ascribing any reason. The centre reserves the right to terminate a members membership without ascribing any reason.
e) Membership fees are payable according to the membership type selected. There will be a surcharge of 5% for payment made in cash.
a) Discount of 10% is offered to Military and Emergency Services personnel – cannot be combined with any other offer
b) Discount of 30% offered to Full-time students holding a valid NUS card – cannot be combined with any other offer
a) Joining fees are non refundable.
b) In the event of a membership subscription lapsing for any time an additional joining fee may be charged at the discretion of the management.
c) Upgrade of the membership can only be considered under the discretion of the management.
Standing orders & auto debit
a) Monthly standing orders and auto debits are a full binding contract between CrossFit Leicester Ltd and the member and will automatically continue until CrossFit Leicester Ltd is notified otherwise.
b) Proof of partners residing at the same address is required at time of registration or renewal. Partner is defined as people cohabiting together as partners in life, or a parent and offspring (over 16 years of age) living at the same address.
Use of the Facilities
A member is entitled to use the centre’s facilities providing always that the centre may at any time withdraw all or part of its facilities for any period or periods and with notice, where practicable, in connection with any cleaning, repair, alteration, maintenance or security work or for reasons beyond the control of the centre.
Please note that the centre has been designated a non-smoking environment.
The centre reserves the right at any time, and without notice, to set aside facilities for exhibitions or other social activities.
a) Members are particularly advised not to undertake strenuous physical activities for which they might be medically unfit. Members who have any reservations as to their physical condition are advised to have a medical check-up before embarking on any exercise. The exercise programmes and facilities provided are designed with safety in mind, these are however used entirely at the members’ own risk. All members must undergo a health check and basic supervised instruction session before using the gym.
b) Correct footwear and t-shirts or singlets must be worn at all times. Access to the gym and booking classes can be carried out using your personal login to our online scheduling software.
c) Members perspiring excessively are advised to take the appropriate steps to prevent it affecting other members and wipe equipment after use.
Safety and hygiene
In the interest of safety and hygiene, no crockery or glasses are allowed in the centre. No pets will be allowed in the centre, with the exception of guide dogs. In the event of a fire, members are asked to make their way in an orderly fashion to the nearest available exit.
All lost property found on the premises should be handed into the centre reception. Items will be stored for one month and then donated to local charities.
a) The centre’s liability for loss or damage to members’ property is strictly limited to any damage or loss suffered as a result of negligence of the centre, its staff or agents. Without exception the centre will not accept liability for money, valuables or other personal property of members.
b) The centre reserves the right, at its absolute discretion, to refuse to store any such personal property of members. Property stored in lockers provided by the centre of its agents is stored at the owner’s risk and no liability for the loss or damage thereto will be accepted by the centre.
c) The centre cannot accept any liability for any accident to any member or guest that may occur on the premises other than the liability which may arise from negligence of the centre, its staff or agents.
d) Any member who suffers an accident on the centre premises must report the accident, and the circumstances under which it occurred, to a staff member immediately following the accident.
e) Neither CrossFit Leicester Ltd, its health & fitness specialist instructors or other employees, servants or agents (including every independent contractor from time to time employed by CrossFit Leicester Ltd) shall in any circumstances whatsoever be under any liability whatsoever to the applicant for any loss, damage or injury (including death) whether accidental or otherwise of whatsoever kind arising during or resulting from participating in the exercise programme.
Termination of Membership
a) If you are on a month by month contract, you may give us written notice of your wish to cancel at any time, requests received before or on the 17th of a calendar month will be processed at the end of that given month, those received after the 17th of the month will be processed at the end of the following month. CrossFit Leicester Ltd is not liable to refund any monies should the receipt of cancellation not be received in accordance with this clause and it is your responsibility to cancel your standing order – any money taken out of your bank account after the cancellation date we are not legally obligated to refund you.
c) The centre reserves the right to refuse admission and/or to cancel or suspend any member forthwith if any member shall, in the opinion of the centre, cause nuisance or annoyance to the other centre members or guests; and for any breach of the centre’s rules or misuse of centre facilities, or for any other reason which the centre may deem appropriate.
Suspension of membership
a) Suspension for medical reasons will require support in writing from your doctor and will only apply from the date of receipt of the letter. A letter from your doctor will be required on your return to fitness.
b) Suspension for any other reason must be requested in writing two weeks in advance.
c) All suspensions are at the discretion of the management.
a) Members must at all times observe the membership rules, and comply with any reasonable directions which the manager may give to ensure the smooth operation of the centre, the facilities and the convenience of members.
b) No credit shall be granted by the centre to any member. Any and all costs incurred by the members during his visit to the centre must be paid prior to leaving the centre.
c) Any dispute or difference which may arise with regard to the interpretation of these rules shall be determined by the manager whose decision shall be final.
d) CrossFit Leicester Ltd reserves the right to amend these rules and all tariff charges at any time and without notice to the individual members although notification of the change will be displayed on the centre notice boards. If any provision in these rules is declared illegal or otherwise unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
Data Protection Act
CrossFit Leicester Ltd abides by the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998 and will keep the information provided by you on computer for the purpose of administrating the membership. In addition CrossFit Leicester Ltd will use the records to notify you of leisure activities organised by CrossFit Leicester Ltd. By signing and returning this membership form you will be deemed to be giving your explicit consent to the processing of data contained on it, including anything which may be considered to be sensitive personal data.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction of the Courts
This agreement shall be governed by and construed with English Law and the parties agree to submit any disputes to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.