- We have standards of behaviour and integrity. Bullying, racism, homophobia isn’t tolerated at CrossFit Leicester. Be respectful of our community and those who inhabit it.
- Sign in and out when you enter CrossFit Leicester. For health and safety reasons, we need to know who is in the gym at any given time, therefore you MUST sign in and out. The sign in sheets will be on the reception desk.
- Be early, if you are not early, you are late. Give yourself enough time to change, chat with other members, go to the lavatory and do any additional warm-up before class starts. Most likely that means showing up at least 10 minutes prior to class start time.
- Accidents and injuries happen and usually come as a result of impatience, too much ego, trying too hard and your lack of attention to self. Don’t be overly eager. Slow down. Ask questions. Ask for help. Upward progression in strength, speed, and ability WILL COME. DO NOT continue a session if you feel dizzy, light-headed, faint, weak, sick to the stomach etc.
- Let the coaches coach! We have experienced coaches who know the ‘who’, ‘how’, ‘what’, ‘where’ and ‘why’ of coaching a class. Feel free to support a fellow athlete but leave the technical side to us, please. We are here to provide a safe and motivating environment designed for your success.
- Treat equipment with respect. Bars loaded with bumpers and medicine balls are meant to be picked up and dropped. Respect the equipment by using it heavy and hard, but don’t abuse it. NEVER DROP BARS WITH 10KG OR LESS PER SIDE THOUGH! Please and thank you.
- The WOD takes priority, there’s a myriad of reasons we have WOD’s in CrossFit, for starters: You’re less likely to bias yourself towards the things you’re good at; You get some competition; you get support, you get coached and no matter how experienced you are, you still need coaching and need to work on the basics. If you have extra things you’re working on, there are times before or after the WOD and open gym to work on them. Newbies, make sure you’re staying consistent and learn from the coaches. Old hands, don’t start thinking that it’s okay to do your own thing whenever you want to, remember the rules.
- Open gym is for members to work on their weaknesses and develop strength and improve on skills. Open gym hours are NOT for groups to take over to do their own WODs. If there is a WOD you would like to do in a group speak to the head coach who will schedule it in, or book a time to use the box so that others can use the open gym for what it is intended. Open gym is a chance for us to come together, support and learn from each other, but remember we have coaches for a reason to use them if you are not sure about anything. Do not take over the open gym area, have respect for others that wish to use it. If you use any equipment you must put it back at the end of your session, everything has its place. For Health and Safety reasons: Do not walk through or interrupt the main WOD/FXT area once it has started – this includes but not exclusive to getting equipment, chatting to mates, filling water bottles (or in fact anything at all. Have respect for the coach and the other members doing their session.
- Check Yourself… (Attitude) Leave your Drama at the Door. Don’t bring that stuff into the gym. Use your hour at the gym to clear your mind and focus on training hard. CrossFit Leicester is your sanctuary and us what you to leave each training session stronger mentally and physically.
- Leave your Ego at the Door, don’t allow your ego to get in the way of training. There is always room for improving and progressing. Remember, there is always someone out there bigger, faster, and stronger than you.
Never Say, “I CAN’T”. not a word used in our gym. Self-pity accomplishes nothing
- You are the athlete, not the Coach… encouragement is expected…coaching other athletes are not accepted. We know that members have good intentions when they start giving coaching cues, but there is a big difference between “Come on one more rep!” and “You need to…Do it this way.” If you see something that looks unsafe, grab a CrossFit Leicester coach that’s what they are here for!
- A for Effort… the effort is more important than any other attribute. Don’t be embarrassed or ashamed if you can’t lift as much or perform as well as other members. It doesn’t matter so long as you push the envelope each and every workout.
- Unless you have open gym membership/ or swap a WOD for an open gym session, you cannot use open gym any more than 15 minutes before or after the class you are attending – you will be asked to pay for the session at our PAYG rate.
- Do not cheat. Do every rep, with solid technique, no matter the time it takes. You only cheat yourself of the opportunity to become a better athlete and person. There is no honour in cheating, what joy is there in a victory you didn’t earn?
- Take Rest Days… These are essential. Rest to allow muscle recovery, prevent injury, and keep the intensity high during training.
- Introduce Yourself… there is no better feeling than entering a CrossFit gym and having existing members introduce themselves. Please introduce yourself to any new athlete and new athletes introduce yourselves to our members. CrossFit Leicester is more than just a gym. It’s a community.
- Dress Code… don’t worry about how you look. Worry about how you perform. Simply wear clothes and footwear to exercise in.
- Set Up Your Equipment… we will help you scale weights and movements but it is your responsibility to get your weights and set yourself up for the WOD.
- Clean up after yourself… clean up equipment, sweat, spit, blood, liquid chalk spills, dirt, vomit, handprints, and whatever else you’ve left behind with the MRSA wipes provided.
- CrossFit Leicester is for use by adults or those under strict adult supervision. Persons under 18 may not register without an adult’s written consent and may not use the facility without adult supervision.
- If you are diabetic or have high Blood Pressure, or have any other condition which may negatively affect your performance, it is your duty to inform the Coach/Coaches. Stay safe by being smart.
- Please dispose of all trash in the bins provided. Alcohol, chewing gum and smoking (including e-cigarettes) strictly prohibited.
- CrossFit Leicester is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- You may not use the gym whilst under the influence of alcohol, narcotics, tranquillisers or any medication or other substances which may affect your ability to exercise safely.
- CrossFit Leicester reserves the right to remove you from the premises if it reasonably believes you are unfit to use the facility.
- Please do not take photographs/videos on the premises or post remarks to the internet that may identify another member, without their permission
- CrossFit Leicester will always email you the most up-to-date rules and regulations governing our facility.
* CrossFit Leicester will always email you the most up-to-date
rules and regulations governing our facility.