PALEO PAD THAI
Paleo Pad Thai isn’t all that far off from the “real thing”. In our version, you’ll julienne yellow squash and use it as the noodles.
- 2 Chicken Breast, Skinless , cubed
- 4 Yellow Squash, Julienned with julienne peeler
- 1/4 cup Almond Butter, (We used Meenut Butter)
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 3 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 sprig Spring onions, minced
- 1/2 cup Raw Coconut Aminos
- 1/4 tsp Fish Sauce
- 1 Lime, 1/2 for juice, remaining half cut into wedges for garnish
- 1 tsp Salt, to taste
- 1/3 cup Macadamia Nuts (raw), chopped, reserve some for garnish
- 1/8 cup Parsley, for garnish
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes, (optional)
- Peel yellow squash using a julienne peeler or spiral slicer.
- Place julienned squash into a steamer basket, and steam for approximately 5-8 minutes. Remove the “noodles” before they get too soft.
- Heat a wok to high heat. While the wok is heating, cut the chicken breasts into small bite-sized cubes.
- Mix Almond Butter (ideally, Meenut Butter) with coconut aminos, fish sauce, juice of 1/2 lime, and salt.
- When wok is very hot, add sesame oil. Add cubed chicken and stir fry chicken until cooked (should be opaque and white.
- Add in minced spring onions, minced garlic, and sprinkle with red pepper flakes. Continue to stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add chopped macadamia nuts and continue to stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the sauce mixture, toss until evenly coated.
- Reduce heat, and gently toss with yellow squash noodles.
- Serve Pad Thai garnished with parsley, chopped macadamia nuts, and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.