CrossFit Leicester’s very own Kate B has created a very delicious vitamin packed “greens” juice which we call are calling ” Kate’s Famous Green Vita Whizz Juice” – it has been in great demand so she has kindly allowed us to publish her recipe….
KATE’S GREEN VITA WHIZZ JUICE
- Oodles of spinach, as much as you can stuff in your blender
- I usually use a clump of Kale as well, but that is a bit tricky to find at the moment! You can also use broccoli, all tastes the same…like green.
- Cucumber (half to a whole, depending on your taste)
- 2 apples (I use golden delicious)
- The juice of 2 lemons and 1 lime
- a little clump of ginger, chopped.
- any spare berries I may have in my fridge, delicious.
- Put half your amount of spinach in your blender and add about 300ml of water, blend.
- Then chuck everything else in, and…blend.
- If the consistency isn’t frothy I would add a bit more water because I want a juice not a weird soup.
- I then pour it into a big glasses and store in the fridge. The longest I have kept a juice in the fridge is about 3 days, I am not sure if that is safe or hygenic but I am still standing so it isn’t too lethal.
- You will find that it separates and looks like pond water, just stir it up and it is as good as new.
- EXTREMELY IMPORTANT!!! I drink mine through a straw, 2 reasons – 1. makes me feel sophisticated, 2. It stops the juice getting caught in your teeth, I have braved it before without the straw and I look like I have been flossing with kelp! Dark green stuff in your teeth is not a good look for anyone!!
ENJOY MY CROSSFIT LEICESTER FAMILY KATE xx