S.M.A.R.T. IS THE WAY WE ROLL AT CFL…
With the wide variety of modalities, variables and time domains involved in CrossFit, it is often difficult knowing where to start to get better. The best bet is to pick one skill at a time, set a SMART goal and take the necessary steps to reach that goal.
1. Specific – Instead of I want to be better at CrossFit, I want to do Fran Rx in under 5 minutes
2. Measurable – This goes along with the last one, make sure you can measure your success. Ex. I want to do a 140KG back squat.
3. Attainable – Set realistic goals. Ex. If your back squat is currently 68KG, 140KG may not be a realistic short term goal and will lead to you becoming discouraged and cause a negative effect on your training.
4. Relevant – this goal is going to help me get better at CrossFit.
5. Time-bound – by choosing a deadline we are forced to put in the work to meet our deadline. Ex. I will back squat 300lbs by 9/1 (2 months).
Write your goals down and keep them in a place where you can see them. By constantly being reminded of our goals, we are more likely to hold ourselves accountable and to put in the extra effort towards achieving them.
If you need help setting a goal, reach out to your coaches at CrossFit Leicester. We can help you set your goal and provide a plan to help you achieve your goal. We are here to help, show us the desire to get better on your end and we will help you get there.